We are SaintA.We see a world where every child and family can thrive. We address the impact of trauma, prevent adversity and promote resilience.
Research and experience have shown us people can only tear down barriers related to past adversity – like poverty, poor educational outcomes, and discrimination – when they have the tools to build life skills, access needed resources and navigate systems of care.
Restoring ConnectionsOur framework promotes stability and uses a trauma-informed perspective. Our blueprint calls for clients to first build upon three key areas, which we call our Array of Services: Child and Family Well-Being, Educational Success and Mental Health.
Once an individual or family has stability in their lives, healing can begin. This takes time, resilience and consistency. That’s where our four mission tenets come in; we help restore connections by facilitating Equity, Learning, Healing and Wellness.
To join us in restoring connections, Donate Now or contact our Vice President of Fund Development, Starlet Hayes, to inquire about volunteer opportunities.
Press RoomWe are proud to be called upon to share our perspective and expertise across an array of important subject matters – from trauma informed practices to equity-related initiatives. Here is some of our notable coverage:
- Breaking News: Oprah Winfrey Helps SaintA Provide Bridge to Telehealth Mental Health Care
- WUWM.com: ‘Generational Trauma in Milwaukee: Even if They Can’t See It, They Feel It’
- Taylor & Francis Online: Journal of Child Custody (Volume 16, Issue 3, 2019) Trauma-responsive Child Welfare Services: A Mixed Methods Study Assessing Safety, Stability, and Permanency
- The Chronicle of Social Change: HUD Secretary Unveils Legislation to help Former Foster Youth with Housing
- TMJ4’s Positively Milwaukee: ‘It does get better’: Women aged out of foster care inspire others
- Press Release: Former Foster Youth Get Help Obtaining Home Essentials
- WUWM.com: Milwaukee Trauma Conference Aims To ‘Promote Healing & Systematic Change’
- CBS 60 Minutes: Oprah Winfrey on Treating Childhood Trauma (March 11, 2018)
Available For Our Partners
- Boilerplate Copy: SaintA is a human services organization that strives to address the impact of trauma, prevent adversity and promote resilience for the people in our care.Read Full TextHeadquartered in Milwaukee, we empower people to overcome barriers to well-being – poverty, poor educational outcomes, unemployment and discrimination, to name a few – so they may thrive.
SaintA serves 5,000 Wisconsin children, youth and adults each day, helping to build life skills, access needed resources and navigate systems of care. We use a framework that promotes the five pillars of stability and a trauma informed perspective. In 2020, SaintA celebrates 170 years of serving the community.
- SaintA Logos: In JPEG, PNG, and AI formats (ZIP File)
- Logo Usage Guide: SaintA Logo Usage Guide (PDF)
Explore a Partnership with SaintAWe began as an orphanage to care for children who lost parents during a cholera outbreak. Today we support kids, youth, families and our community through an entirely different type of epidemic: the impact of unresolved trauma.
We are actively seeking partnerships to bring needed resources to Milwaukee. We are especially interested in organizations that do work in our Five Pillars of Stability. Contact us to make a collaborative impact.