- This event has passed.
GRiD MKE Launch Party
February 2, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
When youth age out of foster care, it’s far too easy for them to fall off the grid and not have access to services to help them successfully enter into adulthood. But now, there’s an app for that.
We’re pleased to announce GRiD MKE, a phone app made possible by the Tellier Foundation and our community partners. Please join us for the official unveiling and meet the partners dedicated to GRiD MKE’s success.
GRiD MKE Launch
Thurs., Feb. 2 | 10 a.m.
SaintA Franciscan Center | 3939 N. 88th St., Milwaukee
- Get a guided demonstration of the app and meet the partners dedicated to GRiD MKE’s success.
- Scheduled to attend:
- Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett
- Secretary at The Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, Eloise Anderson
- Director, Bureau of Youth Services, Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, Wendy Henderson
- Light luncheon will be served
About GRiD MKE: This phone app provides youth in need with resources for housing, health, income, education and more 24-hours a day. It was developed with input from youth who have aged out of foster care and is made possible by the Tellier Foundation, SaintA and partner organizations throughout Milwaukee.
- Children’s Hospital Community Services
- Coalition for Children, Youth and Families
- Milwaukee Public Schools
- Office of Youth Services, State of WI
- Project O’Yeah