- This event has passed.
Childhood Adversity & Poverty: Creating a Collaborative Response
April 12, 2016 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
The links between childhood adversity and poverty and violence are undeniable. Learn how a trauma informed approach creates opportunity for healing.
Keynote speaker: Dr. Roy Wade, pediatrician from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia who specializes in the connection between adverse childhood experiences and urban issues such as poverty, violence and health problems.
3 p.m. Welcome
3:30 p.m. Opening Remarks, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett
3:45 p.m. Keynote by Dr. Roy Wade
4:30 p.m. Milwaukee Response Panel Discussion
5:30 p.m. Q & A
6 p.m. Dismissal
There will also be a panel of Milwaukee leaders talking about how a trauma informed approach can — and needs to — be implemented here. They include:
- Hendriel Anderson, Mobile Urgent Treatment Team Member, Wraparound Milwaukee
- Tim Grove, Chief Clinical Officer and Trauma Informed Care Trainer, SaintA
- Dr. David Pate, Associate Professor, Helen Bader School of Social Welfare and University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty
- Terri Strodthoff, PhD, Founder and Executive Director, Alma Center
- Judge Mary Triggiano, Presiding Judge, Milwaukee County Children’s Court
Co-sponsored by the City of Milwaukee and SaintA.
To register, please visit collaborativemke.eventbrite.com.